The following describes the terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") on which we offer you the information (including the Intellectual Property as defined below), services and products on our website and related web pages (collectively, the "Services").
We reserve the right to modify, amend or restate the Terms and Conditions from time to time with or without prior notice.
Your use of this website and any Services after the posting of modifications to these Terms and Conditions will constitute your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as modified.
Use of this WebsiteYou represent that you have read and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. You further agree to comply with U.S. or other applicable law regarding the transmission of any information obtained from the Services in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, not to use the Services for illegal purposes, and not to interfere or disrupt the networks connected to the Services.
Restrictions on UseYou may not use the Services for any illegal purposes or in any manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions. You agree to use the Services solely for your own noncommercial use and benefit, and not for resale or other transfer or disposition to, or use by or for the benefit of, any other person or entity.
You agree to promptly notify us upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of the Services by any party or any claim that the Services infringes upon any copyright, trademark or other contractual, statutory or common law rights.
Further Restrictions on UseYOU MAY NOT COPY, REPRODUCE, RECOMPILE, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, PERFORM, MODIFY, UPLOAD TO, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, TRANSMIT OR IN ANY WAY EXPLOIT ANY PART OF THE SERVICE, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY DOWNLOAD MATERIAL FROM THE SERVICE AND/OR MAKE ONE PRINT COPY FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL, NONCOMMERCIAL USE, PROVIDED THAT YOU RETAIN ALL COPYRIGHT AND OTHER PROPRIETARY NOTICES.
YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICES IN ANY WAY TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF ANY DATA SOLD OR CONTRIBUTED BY YOU TO ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHERMORE, YOU MAY NOT USE ANY OF OUR TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES OR SERVICE MARKS IN ANY MANNER WHICH CREATES THE IMPRESSION THAT SUCH NAMES AND MARKS BELONG TO OR ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU OR ARE USED WITH OUR CONSENT, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN AND TO ANY OF THESE NAMES AND MARKS.
YOU WILL NOT USE THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN IN UNSOLICITED MAILINGS OR SPAM MATERIAL. YOU WILL NOT USE ANY OF OUR TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES OR SERVICE MARKS IN UNSOLICITED MAILINGS OR SPAM MATERIAL. YOU WILL NOT SPAM OR SEND UNSOLICITED MAILINGS TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY USING THE SERVICES. YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Intellectual PropertyThis website contains material which is derived in whole or in part from materials supplied by us and various other sources. This website, including but not limited to its text, logos, content, photographs, database software programming, flash animations and programming, video, audio and graphics (the "Intellectual Property"), is protected by copyrights, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. The Intellectual Property is also protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties. All individual articles, columns and other elements making up the Services are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Services.
If you would like to make copies and/or distribute certain information, please contact us.
No License GrantedYou acquire absolutely no rights or licenses in or to the Services and materials contained therein other than the limited right to utilize the Services in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Should you choose to download content from the Services, you must do so in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Such download is licensed to you by us only for your own personal, noncommercial use in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and does not transfer any other rights to you.
Accuracy DisclaimerWe do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, quality, completeness, currency, or validity of any information on the website or linked from the website. All information contained on this website has been obtained from sources believed by us to be accurate and reliable. The ads, press releases, and newsletters are also provided by the identified organizations. We do not edit or control the information we receive, although it may note obvious errors that have been discovered. Due to the possibility of human and mechanical error, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions.
Rights ReservedAll present and future rights in and to the Intellectual Property and other proprietary rights of us of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including rights in and to all applications and registrations relating to the Services (the "Intellectual Property Rights") shall, as between you and us, at all times be and remain the sole and exclusive property of us. All present and future rights in and title to the Services (including the right to exploit the Services and any portions of the Services over any present or future technology) are reserved to us for our exclusive use. Except as specifically permitted by the Terms and Conditions, you may not copy or make any use of the Services or any portion thereof.
Liability DisclaimerThe material provided on this website could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and the website may be subject to periods of interruption. We may make changes or improvements at anytime.
Limitation of LiabilityWhile we endeavor to maintain the highest professional quality of the Services we offer on our website, we cannot be held responsible for any errors, defects, lost profits, or other consequential damages arising from the use of this website. We will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to, special or consequential damages that result from any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, or computer virus, the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in the Services even if there is negligence by us or an authorized representative of us; user has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you to the extent that applicable law may not permit the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Our total liability to you for all losses, damages, and causes of action in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence, or otherwise) will not exceed the amount you paid to us to access the Services. There is currently no fee to access Services on the jitterbug.com website.
IndemnificationYou agree, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to indemnify and hold us, our officers, directors, owners, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services, the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or the infringement by you, or other user of the Services using your computer, of any Intellectual Property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
All Submissions Are Subject to These ConditionsYour use of the Services and submission of material or requests for information are conditioned on your adherence to the following policies:
- You may not restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying any of the Services.
- You may not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
- You may not post or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by intellectual property rights.
- You may not post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component.
- You may not post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or which contains commercial advertising.
- We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of its submission policies.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for whatever material you submit, and you, not us have full responsibility for the submission, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright. Your communication of a submission is in all respects subject to the Terms and Conditions, including without limitation those set forth in "Indemnification."
LinksThe Services display links to other websites that are not owned or maintained by us. We have not reviewed such websites and are not responsible for the content thereof. The inclusion of a link to such website does not imply endorsement by us. Viewing of any website linked to the Services is at your own risk.
Endorsement DisclaimerWe do not endorse, support, sanction, or verify the information or material that is provided on this website or linked to this website, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
Policies Concerning Claims of InfringementIt is our policy to respond expeditiously upon receiving notice of claimed intellectual property infringement. We will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws.
All notices of copyright infringement should be sent to us.
Notices of copyright infringement should contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- The address, telephone number, or email address of the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. We reserve the right to remove and/or disable access from the Service to web pages of repeat infringers and reserves the right to terminate all account holders and subscribers who are repeat infringers of intellectual property laws.
GREATCALL, INC. HAS CHOSEN TO OFFER WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERTS WITHIN PORTIONS OF ITS SERVICE AREA ON WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERT CAPABLE DEVICES WHEN AVAILABLE. THERE WILL BE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR THESE WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERTS. WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERTS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE ON ALL DEVICES OR IN THE ENTIRE SERVICE AREA, OR IF A SUBSCRIBER IS OUTSIDE OF GREATCALL’S SERVICE AREA. FOR DETAILS ON WHEN THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SERVICE AND WHEN WIRELESS EMERGENCY ALERT CAPABLE DEVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE, PLEASE GO TO WWW.GREATCALL.COM. NOTICE REQUIRED BY FCC RULE 47 CFR 10.240 (COMMERCIAL MOBILE ALERT SERVICE).
Access and InterferenceOur website contains robot exclusion headers and you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy Our Intellectual Property or any other content contained herein without our prior written consent. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
Access Outside the United StatesWe make no representation that the materials provided at this website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States, its territories and possessions. If you use the Services from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Unsolicited Idea Submission PolicyGreatCall, Inc. ("GreatCall") and any of its employees, independent contractors or agents, on behalf of GreatCall, do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos, or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when GreatCall's products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to GreatCall. Please do not send your unsolicited ideas to GreatCall or anyone at GreatCall. If, despite our request to not send us your ideas and work, you still send them, please understand that GreatCall makes no assurances that your ideas and work will be treated as confidential or proprietary, and the following terms will apply to your submission regardless of what your transmission states.
Terms of Idea Submission PolicyYou agree that: 1) your ideas and work will automatically become the property of GreatCall, and you agree to assign all rights in your ideas and work to GreatCall without any expectation of compensation, and 2) GreatCall can use, copy, and distribute the ideas and work for any purpose and in any way, without any payment to you.
General DisclaimerWe are not responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or any other damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or in reliance on the information available on the website. This includes any personal injury, business interruption, loss of use, lost data, lost profits, or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortuous action, even if we have been informed of the possibility.
MiscellaneousThese Terms and Conditions will be governed and be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of California, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If we ask a third party to provide services through this website, the provisions of this agreement shall apply to your use of the services, unless otherwise noted. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting directly or indirectly from any causes beyond our reasonable control.
We may freely assign or update this agreement.
Subject to Customer Agreement, select calling plans credit approval. Other chargers and restrictions may apply. Screen images simulated. Coverage and service not available everywhere. Copyright 2008 GreatCall, Inc. Jitterbug is a registered trademark and GreatCall is a trademark of GreatCall, Inc. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its related entities.
- For domestic calls within the U.S. and Canada.
- Applies to phone and monthly service charges only, provided call time usage is less than 30 minutes and phone is in like-new condition. Usage charges may apply.
- For each call to a GreatCall Operator in which a service is completed, you will be charged 99 cents per call, and plan minutes will be deducted equal to the length of the call.
- All plans require the purchase of a Jitterbug phone and a one-time set-up fee ($35). Surcharges, government taxes, and assessments are not included; they are based on your shipping address.
- The 99 cents per call Personal Operator fee is waived with Ultimate Health & Safety Packages. Regular per minute charges apply for both the length of the call with the operator and any call connected by the operator.
- Jitterbug will work almost everywhere in the U.S. where cellular service is available from most of the major carriers. If you have coverage with one of the major carriers in your area, then it is likely that you will have access with Jitterbug. Our coverage map estimates where your Jitterbug will work. A number of factors affect the specific coverage you will get including signal strength, weather, geography, topography, buildings, and the radio transmissions your phone can pick up. As with all cellular phones, you will not be able to make 911 calls when cellular service is not available.