Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
- How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Information We Share
- Your Rights and Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Non-GreatCall Services and Features
- Information Provided to GreatCall by Third-Parties
- How To Contact Us
- Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as:
- When you visit our website, www.greatcall.com (“Site”), visit your mygreatcall.com account, or use our mobile applications (GreatCall Link and Lively by GreatCall) (“Apps”) (collectively, the “Digital Properties”);
- Offline, such as when you call, mail or fax us, or purchase one of our products in a store; and
- From our commercial partners, authorized family member or caregiver, who are obtaining a product or service on your behalf.
The types of personal information we may obtain about you include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, and postal and email addresses;
- MyGreatCall and GreatCall Link login credentials, such as your password and security questions and answers;
- MyGreatCall account information, such as your account number, device serial number, account balance, phone plan, and phone usage information;
- Device monitoring data such as battery level, whether the device is powered on, network condition, step count, fall risk, and fall detection status;
- Transaction information, such as purchase history and payment details (e.g., credit or debit card number, security code, expiration date and billing address);
- Additional information included in your 5Star Personal Emergency Profile Form or Lively profile, such as your gender, date of birth, race, primary language, one-button safety device serial number, emergency contact information, medications, medical/physical conditions, physicians/hospitals, and vehicle information;
- Geolocation information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through our “Contact Us” feature or by calling our Caring Centers, 5Star or Urgent Care.
When you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
When you use our mobile Apps, we also may collect certain information by automated means, such as through device logs, server logs and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, the mobile operating system, device identifiers and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, IP addresses, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, dates and times of usage, actions taken on the App, and other information regarding use of the App. In addition, as indicated above, we may collect your device’s geolocation information. Your device’s operating platform may provide you with a notification when the App attempts to collect your precise geolocation. Please note that if you decline to allow the App to collect your precise geolocation, or otherwise configure your device not to allow precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the App’s features or the offers available through the App. We also note that if you choose not to provide precise geolocation information, we still may receive indication of your location, but it likely will not be as precise as that provided directly from the device.
We may use these automated technologies on our Digital Properties to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Digital Properties; (3) tailor the Digital Properties around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Digital Properties and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our products and services to you;
- Create and manage your MyGreatCall or GreatCall Link account;
- Process and fulfill orders, including processing payment transactions;
- Send you newsletters and other communications;
- Administer your participation in surveys, contests, promotions or other programs;
- Offer coupons, promotions or other discounts;
- Provide customer support and respond to your inquiries;
- Customize your experience with our Digital Properties and deliver tailored content, such as by providing personalized product information, purchase information, coupons and other offers;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including managing the Digital Properties, developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third party analytics services on our Digital Properties, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the Digital Properties. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the Digital Properties. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit Safeguarding your data: information for visitors of sites and apps using Google Analytics or Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform certain services on our behalf in connection worth our business purposes, without limitation, such as website hosting, data analytics, advertising services, payment processing, and other services. We also may share personal information about you with joint marketing partners in support of our marketing efforts.
We may share personal information we collect on the Digital Properties at your request, such as if you invite your family to stay connected with you through the GreatCall Link application. Similarly, we may share your information with third parties unrelated to us in a manner expected in the context of a product you have purchased or a service that we are providing you—for example, in the case of an emergency or a potential issue identified as the result of monitoring services.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us, or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails or contacting us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below. We will apply your preferences going forward.
You may update certain of your account details and settings by logging into your account on our Digital Properties.
If you are a Nevada consumer, for more information about your privacy rights, please see “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use. No set of safeguards is perfect or can anticipate all cyberattacks, however, and we do not guarantee the security of personal information.
Links to Non-GreatCall Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Digital Properties may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by GreatCall, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Information Provided to GreatCall by Third-Parties
How To Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Department
10945 Vista Sorrento Pkwy, Suite 120
San Diego, California 92130
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that GreatCall not sell your personal information to third parties. However, please note that GreatCall does not sell your personal information, as defined under Nevada law, and only shares your personal information as outlined in this Policy.
You may still submit such a request via email through our Contact Us page (please select Privacy Concerns under Department) or write to us at (with a reference to Nevada Do Not Sell Information):
10945 Vista Sorrento Pkwy, Suite 120
San Diego, California 92130