SAN DIEGO – March 15, 2018 – GreatCall, the leader in connected health for active aging, today announced the winners of its GreatCall Does Good charity volunteerism program. Over the past month, people from across the U.S. submitted stories about their time helping others in organizations benefitting causes that touched their hearts and lives.
Public voting determined five winners – one for each category: arts, animal welfare, the environment, health, and education – that will receive a $1,000 donation each, courtesy of GreatCall.
The winners of the program are as follows:
- Arts & Culture – San Diego Botanic Garden, inspiring people to connect with plants and nature to promote environmental stewardship
- Animal Rights – Rescue4All, rescuing dogs that are out of options through foster homes
- Human & International Development – Feed The Children, working to end childhood hunger
- Health – Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, helping the daily lives of people with Cystic Fibrosis
- Education & Human Development – Voice of San Diego, delivering ground-breaking investigative journalism
“With this volunteerism program, we heard just how important charitable organizations are to people’s lives, both in giving back and being part of the community,” said David Inns, CEO, GreatCall. “As GreatCall is committed to connecting people to what’s important to them, we are proud to support the charitable organizations in their lives with these donations.”
To learn more about the winners and to read their stories, visit www.greatcalldoesgood.com.
GreatCall is the leader in connected health for active aging. Through its delivery of remote monitoring and mobile urgent response solutions, GreatCall’s commercial business supports managed care and senior living organizations in achieving the triple aim: improved health outcomes, reduced healthcare costs, and improved patient experience. Solutions include Lively Mobile with 5Star Services and Healthsense remote monitoring of activities of daily living with predictive analytics that deliver actionable insights.
GreatCall is headquartered in San Diego, CA. To learn more, please www.GreatCall.com. This news release and other corporate assets are available at www.greatcall.com/newsroom or follow our news on Twitter @GreatCallinc and on Facebook at Facebook.com/greatcall.